As I sit here, blogging our update, a huge blizzard is happening outside. Luckily, Emmy and Erin do not have volleyball games this weekend, so our butts are staying put inside. We have the fireplace roaring and I have had thoughts of making chili... now, does it get more wintery than that? OK, here are a few bullet points to our crazy lives right now...
* Coley LOVES his job! He has an awesome staff. He also really enjoys the other administrators. The vibe in our district is so positive and encouraging- it doesn't get much better than that!
* I am really enjoying my job. Even though my degree (which will be finished this Spring except for student teaching in the Fall) is in secondary education, I think elementary students and staff ROCK!! I have just accepted a coaching job as an assistant speech and debate coach. I am returning to my true love- speech! Our team consists of about 60 high school students, so I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but we'll see. Also, I am heading to the T+L Conference in Seattle. I am excited since I have never traveled to Seattle. I just want to go catch a fish on the pier!
* Emmy is actually adapting to the school and sports. She was our strong hold to stay at our previous location. But, she is doing great in school (loves her culinary arts class) and really has shown great improvement in volleyball. We are waiting to hear from Shriner's Hospital in Portland for her facial surgery. We had thought we were going in November- in between VB and Basketball seasons- but since it is scheduled six weeks out from surgery, it is looking like it will be later. Maybe we can get the surgery in between Basketball and Track seasons??
* Erin LOVES the school, people and sports. Unfortunately, she has had many boys interested in her. Here is where I do not know what I did as a mother, but I am glad- she has explained to the many suitors that she is not interested in a relationship but would love to be friends. I even asked her if she was happy that a Senior boy liked her and she told me that she has big plans in life and a boyfriend is not a part of that right now. YIPPEE- Coley and I are doing to happy dance! Big news for Erin is that she was nominated by a teacher to attend the international People to People program. This is her third nomination and I have always played the "you are too young" card. But, I think she is focused to attend this time. She has asked us to not buy her anything for her birthday or Christmas, but put that money into her savings account for the trip. She is going to raise the funds (which is alot) to travel to Greece, Italy, and several other countries next summer.
* Peyton is the sweetest girl! Her teacher loves her because she is truly the best student. Peyton's big news is that she is reading chapter books. She reads everything she can get her hands on. Her big sisters have modeled what an avid reader looks like and she is hot on their tails to become the same. I have teachers, subs and other parents stop by my room to tell me how much they love Peyton. I am one proud Mama!
* Maddie is...Maddie! WOW! She also has teachers stopping by my office, but do let me know the current day Maddie one-liners being used. Yesterday, a teacher complimented Maddie on her boots and Maddie's reply- "They won't fit you!" Maddie saw one of her teachers being pulled over by the police and she immediately marched herself into the teacher's room and ask "what did the police get you for?" Maddie has given one girl a bloody nose and kicked a boy in the gut! Can you say bully? Her excuse- they touched her first! Maddie believes in the philosophy of an eye-for-an-eye rather than using your words to solve conflicts. Maddie also announced at the dinner table the other night that she would like her kindergarten teacher to become her new Mom. The reason- her kindergarten teacher has great shoes and pretty clothes. Don't worry about me though; she said I could be the second Mom!
Well, that is our life in a nut shell... I will post some pictures soon. We love you all!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago
2 comments:
Glad your life is still crazy. It sounds like everyone is doing great! Elsa and Maddie seem to have a few things in common (one liners, and conflict resolution).
Thanks for the update!! Can we forgo Erin's Bday and Christmas gifts and just give money too? So much easier than trying to figure out what a teen girl wants these days!
However, I do need some gift ideas for Peyton.
Post a Comment