5 Women, 1 Man and 2 Dogs Make for A Crazy and Exciting Life

Sunday, August 24, 2008

No, we have not dropped off the face of the Earth...

I apologize for my tardiness. When life gets crazy, I go silent. So apparently, life is stabilizing since I have found time to blog again. We have traded super-duper crazy for manageable crazy. Let me get started with updates then I will be posting pictures of our new house.

Em and Erin are entering their Sophomore and Freshman year. Their new school has about 750 students. A huge change from their last school with only 125. Are they scared? Absolutely! But, they have already joined the volleyball team and made some friends. The team is large so you have to be evaluated to make the team. Both girls made the team. Erin has her first game this Saturday. Yippee!

Peyton will start 1st grade and Maddie will start kindergarten at the same school that I will be teaching technology. I am excited to be at the same school as my babes. They are adjusting to the move.

Coley's new elementary school has 400 students for grades K-4th. He is excited and nervous. The other elementary principals seem to be great and all of them will make a great team. Though I must say Coley misses his past principals from the high school and middle school. They were amazing together. Coley can only hope that his new team will come close to that wonderful, positive energy and driving force for what is good for kids philosophy.

Our old house has not sold yet. We were able to rent the house that we intended to buy if our old house had sold. So as soon as the old house sells, we will be buying this house. We love the house!!

Our new town is beautiful. The staff at our new school district are so professional and easy to work with. We truly have high hopes for this move. We miss everyone where we came from, but truly feel we made a great move for our family.

Take care and please keep in touch. I promise to be better about my posts to the blog.
All our love, The Clan of 6

1 comment:

Mom said...

So you did not take a picture of my room..... When do I move in? I'm glad things are working out for you. MISS all of you!!!!